Whether you are renting or buying, a viewing can be an exciting experience. However be sure to ask the important questions to understand what you are getting for your money.
Our experienced team at Dack have conducted thousands of viewings over the years and have summarised some of the most commonly asked questions for you below:
What should I ask when renting a property?
- Are any bills included?
- Why are the current tenants moving?
- Who manages the property, the landlord or you, the agent?
- Which parts of the property am I responsible for maintaining?
- What are your fees?
- Where is the deposit held?
- What are the neighbours like?
We have managed a number of our properties for many years; therefore we know the property and the landlord requirements inside out.
As a prospective tenant is important to remember that the letting agent is acting as an intermediary between you and the landlord. Our role is to advise accordingly, but ultimately the landlord has the final decision.
What should I ask when buying a property?
- Why is the owner selling? How long have they lived here?
- Has the owner found another property and what are the chain details?
- If leasehold, what is the service change and ground rent?
- How long is the lease? (If applicable)
- Are there any historic issues with the building or major works planned? (If applicable)
- What type of heating system does the property have? When it was last serviced?
As the estate agent we will be as prepared as possible for the viewing, however upon occasion we may need to discuss your query with the vendor or research further before getting back to you.
This may seem like a lot of questions to ask and not all of them may apply, however if you are renting or buying, moving is a big decision and not to be taken lightly. Here at Dack we have a reputation built over 25 years of dealing with our customers with consummate professionalism and integrity. There is no question too big or small to ask.
Please view our properties to rent or our properties for sale. If we do not currently have anything that meets your requirement please register your details to be kept informed of new properties as they come to the market.
If you would like to arrange a viewing please get in contact or visit us on Osborne Road.